So I’m reading two books at the moment. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard and Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes Saavedra. Which means I’ll not be able to review for a while as the great Don alone is over 1,000 pages. So I’m going to be doing a couple of book tags in the meantime!
This is one I should have done ages ago but never got round to, I found it on http://www.booklovingnut.com which has a host of fantastic book tags which you should check out! It was originally created by https://readatmidnight.com/ and it’s all about Unpopular Opinions!
1. A popular book you didn’t like.
Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith
2. A book series that everyone hates but you love.
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James
I’m not going as far as to say everyone hates this book but I’ve heard a lot of bad things about it. I really enjoyed it and I like the series. Fair enough the first book is pure smut but the second and third start to bring together a storyline which is really interesting.
3. A love triangle where the main character ends up with the person you didn’t want them to end up with.
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
4. A popular genre you rarely reach for.
5. A popular character you didn’t like.
Katniss Everdeen, I just find her a bit annoying. Also she treats her love interests like sh*t but they still love her.
6. A popular author you can’t seem to get into.
Saying that, I’m reading Glass Sword at the moment but I’m just really struggling to keep an interest in these books.
7. A popular trope you’re tired of seeing.
Lip biting. Seriously, who can bite their lip and look sexy? I’ve tried, I look like I’m attempting self cannabalism. Also who here bites their lip when they’re nervous/angry/scared? Nope, me neither.
8. A popular series you have no interest in reading.
The Discworld series by Terry Pritchett has just never appealed to me at all.
9. The saying goes “the book is always better than the movie” but what movie do you prefer to the book?
I can’t think of a film but I’m enjoying the tv mini series of Cuckoo’s Calling much more than the book.
I hope you enjoyed my unpopular opinions. Let me know what you think in the comments and have a go yourself if you haven’t already!