Hi all, welcome back to my blog! It’s time for another tag as I am still reading Outlander. No I can’t believe it either, its been like a week now but the thing is I just really haven’t had time. It’s been a really busy week at work, and on top of that it’s been my birthday as well so I’ve been busy doing things. For example tomorrow I’m off to Warwick Castle where the amazing tv show Merlin was filmed! I can’t wait!
So anyway here’s a book tag to keep you going until I can get back into reviewing! I found this tag on https://mylittlebookblog.com/2016/01/15/the-fifty-bookish-questions-book-tag/
The Fifty Bookish Questions Book Tag
1. The last book you read?
The Stranger Within by Kathryn Croft
2. Was it a good one?
Yes, you can read my review here: https://lifehasafunnywayofsneakinguponyou.wordpress.com/2017/06/29/the-stranger-within-by-kathyrn-croft-review/
3. What made it good?
Suspense, and an excellent twist.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
If you love a good thriller with an excellent twist that will keep you guessing throughout then definitely yes!
5. How often do you read?
Everyday, as often as I can. On the bus, in the bath, in bed, on my lunch break, in the doctors waiting room. I’m always reading.
6. Do you like to read?
I should hope so haha
7. What was the last bad book you read?
I don’t really like to slate books but the last book I started and did not finish due to not enjoying it was The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer.
8. What made you dislike it?
I just couldn’t connect with the main character who immediately annoyed me. After a couple of chapters I still wasn’t sure I understood where the novel was trying to go. It was boring.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Well technically I am a writer! I’ve written several short stories and poems and a couple have been published in a university write club society magazine. I’ve also written a novel which I am in the process of editing.
10. Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
Books are such a huge part of my life that many of them have influenced me. But there are two which stand out most for me that I can truly say ‘changed my life’ and they are The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck by Sarah Knight.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
No. Not for any particular reason, it’s just never appealed to me that much.
12. Do you write fan fiction?
Please see question 11
13. What’s your favourite book?
When you’ve read just shy of 2,000 books this question is really hard to answer! I’d probably say Wuthering Heights. That’s my standard answer.
14. What’s your least favourite book?
I don’t really have a least favourite there’s lots of books that I did not finish because I didn’t enjoy them. If I finished them then I liked them.
15. Do you prefer physical books or e reading on a device like a kindle?
You can actually watch my YouTube video about that here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=38XxnrlFF70
16. When did you learn to read?
People who know me would lead you to believe I learned to read in the womb! But I think I was about 3 or 4 years old.
17. What is your favourite book you had to read in school?
If uni counts as school then I’d have to say Wuthering Heights again!
18. What is your favourite book series?
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
19. Who is your favourite author?
If I had to choose, then, again it would be Cassie Clare
20. What is your favourite genre?
21. Who is your favourite character in a book series?
I do really love Jace in TMI
22. Has a book ever transported you to somewhere else?
Why do you think I read? Haha
23. Which book do you wish had a sequel?
All of them forever and ever! I hate it when I get to the end of a book and have to leave the characters behind. I don’t like that it’s the end of their story.
24. Which book do you wish didn’t have a sequel?
Oh god, I can’t think of any off the top of my head! I think there’s a few that could have done without the middle book and just been a two parter, like The Hunger Games, Divergent and The Maze Runner.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
I can read around 110 pages in an hour so I’ll let you do the math!
26. Do you like when books become movies?
27. Which book was ruined by its movie?
Don’t shoot me but all the Harry Potters!
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
I really liked the movie of TMI but hate the series! Weird!
29. Do you read newspapers?
Only if I haven’t got a book to hand.
30. Do you read magazines?
I subscribe to and read 3 magazines and they are Writers Mag, Glamour and Cosmopolitan
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
32. Do you read while in bed?
I used to a lot but I’ve been trying to stop as I have issues sleeping and apparently using your bed as somewhere to read, watch tv etc is bad for you and can stop you sleeping. So I bought a lovely big chair which lives beside my bed and I read there now instead.
33. Do you read while on the toilet.
I read everywhere and that’s enough said about that!
34. Do you read in the car?
Nope that’s about the only place I don’t as it makes me sick. But weirdly I can read just fine on buses, trains and planes!
35. Do you read while in the bath?
It’s one of my favourite places to read.
36. Are you a fast reader?
Pretty fast, yes.
37. Are you a slow reader?
Please see question 36
38. Where is your favourite place to read?
In my lovely reading chair.
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate when you read?
If it’s a good book that keeps me gripped then not at all!
40. Do you need a room to be silent when you read?
Not really but I do find the tv distracting if my boyfriend is watching something interesting!
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
Nobody I can say specifically, none of my family are really big readers or my friends either. I guess I just fell in love with it straight away!
42. What book is next on your list to read?
The Break by Marian Keyes
43. When did you start reading chapter books?
When I was around four or five years old
44. Who is your favourite children’s book author?
45. Which author would you most like to interview?
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Again Cassandra Clare!
47. What book have you reread the most?
Probably Harry Potter and the Philospher’s Stone.
48. Which books do you consider ‘classics’?
Obviously there are a range of books like Dickens, Brontë sisters, Daphne Du Maurier, Wilkie Collins, Thomas Hardy etc but modern classics I would say LoTR, GoT and HP.
49. Which books do you think should get taught in school?
I think it’s really important for children to learn to love books. Books I was taught in junior school included Roald Dahl and Dick King-Smith and I think these are great starters. Children’s classics like Peter Pan and just anything with a fantasy element like Harry Potter, LoTR and books like Inkheart. It’s important to enjoy a book at the right age and although there’s books I love now I didn’t like them so much in school when I wasn’t really old enough to appreciate them!
50. Which books should be banned from schools?
Unless they are literally full of sexual content like let’s say; Fifty Shades of Grey or they’ve got a lot of gore, murder etc like a crime novel, I see no reason to be banning any books from schools!
Thanks for reading my latest tag! See you again soon.